The Electronic Gazette for Volunteerism
|| Connie Pirtle
Consultant, Trainer, Facilitator, Speaker,
author of Ask Connie!
314 E. Marie Drive
Stillwater, OK 74075
Web Site: http://www.volunteertoday.com/Connie.html
| Experience in Volunteer
- Board Member, American Association for Museum Volunteers (9 years)
- Faculty, Georgetown University, Center for the Study of Voluntary
Organizations and Service, Jessie Ball duPont Fund Executive Institute
- Member, Editorial Board, The Journal of Volunteer Administration
- Online Advice Columnist on Volunteer Management (Ask Connie)
- Visitor Survey Volunteer, National Zoo, Washington, DC (12 years)
- Volunteer Nonprofit Career Counselor, Womens Center, Vienna,
VA (7 years)
Vice President for Volunteerism, American Symphony
Orchestra League (10 years)
Regional Co-Chair, Association for Volunteer Administration
President, Condominium Association, Washington,
DC (4 years)
Types of Services Offered:
- Board Development Retreats
- Customized Training Workshops and Seminars
- Executive Coaching
- Free Consultations
- Keynote Presentations
- Volunteer Program Assessment
- Volunteer Program Handbook Compilation/Publishing
- Volunteer Program Strategic Repositioning
Customized Workshops and Keynote Presentations:
- "Best Practices with Today's Volunteers"
- "Board Development: The New Nominating Committee"
- "Boards Role in Fundraising"
- "Building An Effective Governing Board"
- "Creating a Vision that Builds Passion in Your Board"
- "Dealing with Difficult Patrons and Visitors"
- "Diversify Your Volunteer Base"
- "Effective Communication: An Opportunity for Talking and Listening"
- "International Cultural Exchange: States on the Global Stage"
- "Introduction to Volunteer Management"
- "Lewis & Clark Bicentennial ArtsPlan Workshop"
- "Making Your Special Event Special"
- 'Museums and Volunteers in 2000: Is Your Program Ready?"
- "Nuts & Bolts of Volunteer Management"
- "Raising Support Through Special Events"
- "Recruiting and Training Volunteers to Increase Organizational
- "Recruiting Volunteers for the Arts"
- "Successful Board and Leadership Retreats"
- 'Visitor Services: Volunteers Are Your Best Representatives"
- "Volunteering in the Nude!'
- "Volunteers Mean Business In Dollars and Sense!"
- "Whose Job is It? The Board/Executive Director Partnership"
- "Why Volunteers?"
- "Working with Difficult Volunteers"
- Aid Association for Lutherans
- American Symphony Orchestra League
- Association for Volunteer Administration
- Chamber Music America
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Association
- Georgetown University, Center for the Study of Voluntary Organizations
- Independent Order of Foresters (Canada)
- Independent Sector
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- Points of Light Foundation
- Smithsonian Institutions
- The Newark Museum
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- Washington National Cathedral
Return to Top
A Service of MBA
Publishing-A subsidiary of Macduff/Bunt Associates All materials copyright
821 Lincoln Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362 (509) 529-0244
The content of all linked sites are beyond the
control Volunteer Today and the newsletter assumes no responsibility for their